High Flyin’ Fun!
What Our Guests Are Saying
“What an awesome event to welcome spring, watch children of all ages seeing their kites soar and get a chance to share some time with our neighbors!”
Soaring kites! Colorful kites! Majestic kites! Come join this free, fun, family event. Whether you’re flying or watching kites, get outside with your family and enjoy all of the exciting outdoor activities the festival has to offer!
10 am – Event Starts
Pledge of Allegiance
- Free family fun
- Community booths
- Free kids activities
- Food booths
3 pm – Event Ends
4:30 – Gates will close so make sure your vehicles and out by then.
Skip the traffic and ride your bike to the Kite Festival. Bike Friendly Arvada will have FREE valet bike parking at the bridge. Leave your bikes at their secure facility and enjoy the festival, return for your bikes and get information on this year’s rides and activities.
2018 Food Vendors:
- Keys Concessions – Pennsylvania Dutch Funnel Cakes, fresh lemonades, cappuccino, iced coffee, nachos.
- HCP Meat Company, LLC – All-natural brats such as Elk, Bison, Jalapeno Cheddar, Guinness, and Beef. Steak/carnitas street tacos/tortas, tamales, posole, nachos, french fries, soda, coffee, and water.
- The Dumpling Deli – Fried dumplings, potato chips, tater tots, green chili, baked beans, pickles, coleslaw, funnel fries.
- The Spicy Bird – Shredded chicken sandwiches, chips, pickles, potato salad, soft drinks
- High Country Corn, LLC – Kettle corn, roasted nuts, bottled water, homemade root beer
- Grammy’s Goodies – Giant pizza slice, giant turkey legs, giant Italian sausage and pepper sandwich, Soprano Dog, Bada Bing Burger, Giant Avery Beer Brat, giant Krispy Treats, Jumbo Chocolate Chippers and bottled beverages.
- Smoke on the Mountains BBQ – Brisket sandwich, bbq chicken, all beef hot dogs, hush puppies, mac n cheese, french fries, chicken wings, black bean quesadilla.
- Hangry Ohana – Bacon fried rice, potato salad, chicken katsu, brisket, BBQ chicken, tots
- Still Smokin, LLC – The Ultimate Porker Sandwich, Smokehouse Chicken Sandwich, Street Tacos – 2 per order (Gluten Free), BBQ chicken lettuce wraps, Chick N’ Waffle, All Classic Southern Sandwiches, peach mint slaw, sweet potato fries with Bourbon glaze, fried pickles
- Scrumptious – Ice cream and bottled water
- Royal Hustle Gourmet Tacos – Gourmet tacos, traditional sides and Latin American beverages
2018 Community Vendors:
- Champion of Denver
- Renewal by Andersen
- Ameritech Construction
- Carri’s Cosmetics
- Cutco Cutlery
- Foster Elementary School
- LuLaRoe with Leticia Dyment
- Threads Worldwide
- My Gym Children’s Fitness Center
- LeafFilter North, LLC
- Costco (Arvada)
- The Elevation Project
- State Farm
- RE/MAX Alliance
- Touch of Grey Entertainment
- ADIO Chiropractic
- Renewal by Andersen
- The Denver Post
- Majestic View Nature Center
- All And More
- Premier Members Credit Union
- Dream Dinners
- Victory Martial Arts
- Fragrant Meadow Soap
- Sustain Arvada, City of Arvada
- Bonfils Blood Center
- CSL Plasma
- A Kneaded Touch Massage Therapy
- Glass Cricket
- LuLaRoe Jessy and Dimarly
While there is a lot of free parking at Stenger field, we encourage those of you that can bike or walk to the event to do so. Gates open at 9:45 am.
Please bring your own blankets and chairs to enjoy the nice weather! Gates open at 9:45 am.
For more information, please call 720-898-7403.
Dogs MUST be leashed and ARE NOT ALLOWED on the open kite flying field. You may have your dog in the surrounding area of the event.