Please check HERE for all prohibited activities due to the current fire ban restrictions.
Fireworks Display ONLY
(No pre-fireworks activities)
Wednesday, July 4, 2018
Gates open to vehicles at 7:00pm
Fireworks begin approximately 9:00pm
Stenger Sports Complex (W. 58th Ave. and Oak St.)
The 4th of July in Arvada
Since 1979, the City of Arvada has celebrated Independence Day with a spectacular fireworks display at the Stenger Sports Complex.
This year, Arvada’s Independence Day Celebration returns to its roots, focusing on the core of the holiday–fireworks! For the past few months, the Festivals Commission, City staff including the Police Department, and City Council have reviewed the 4th of July event in terms of resource allocation, staffing, and volunteers. In recent years, organizing a day-long event has become increasingly difficult. Problems included:
- Insufficient volunteers
- Police department staffing levels are impacted by the number of resources needed to manage the event and surrounding neighborhoods adequately. The PD staffing schedule is compressed for the event, limiting available resources days prior to and after the event.
- Minimal community vendors and food vendors interested in participating
- Limited parking
- Conflicts with the surrounding neighborhood
- Inability to secure sufficient traffic barricades and cones due to a high level of construction in the metropolitan area
After many conversations, and based upon the recommendation of the Festivals Commission, the City has made the decision to return the 4th of July celebration to its original intent–a display of fireworks in the evening to celebrate America’s independence.
Things to Note
- Gates open to vehicles at 7 p.m.; Fireworks begin approximately 9 p.m.
- Free parking on a first-come, first-served basis
- W. 58th Ave. will shut down to traffic beginning 8 p.m.
- Handicap parking available in the Stenger northeast parking lot
- No Recreational Vehicles allowed
- Only propane grills allowed
- No alcohol, personal fireworks, or pets are allowed
City of Arvada Communication Manager Maria VanderKolk, 720-898-7507
**Effective at 8:00 a.m. on June 28, 2018, the City of Arvada implemented a temporary Stage 2 Fire Ban for all lands within the City. Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office has enacted the same temporary fire ban for all lands in Jefferson County. A Stage 2 Fire Ban escalates the level of restrictions and prohibited acts defined by the Stage 1 Fire Restrictions that have been in place for the past three weeks. For more information on prohibited activities during a Stage 2 Fire Ban, please click here.**
NO personal fireworks, alcohol or animals are permitted at the sports complex.
NO overnight camping allowed.
NO Drones allowed in the park, parking lot, or around the fireworks.
Please leave your pets at home. Expect a lot of people, a lot of activity, and loud noises.
Will update when more details are given.
After the Fireworks, traffic will be held for 20 minutes to allow pedestrians to leave safely.